As we look toward 2021, we are planning on presenting a number of webinars through the year over topics we've been asked about. Our hope is these webinars will provide you with good information and when possible, tangible ways to enhance your information security programs.
Should there be a topic you might be interested in, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (515-229-5674) and let us know! Please click the link on any topic below (more will be added :)) to register!
- * Recorded Webinar * Ransomware Self-Assessment Tool (R-SAT) (Conducted January 11, 2021) This was our first Webinar for 2021. A practical walkthrough of the R-SAT, how to complete it and how to use it.
- Social Media Policy and General Guidelines (February 22, 2021) Confused about what to include in your social media policy? Whether you can tell your employees what they can and can't post on their personal social media platforms? We discuss these and other related social media topics in this webinar.
- IT/Information Security Board Reporting (March 22, 2021) We're often asked about what to report to the Board for IT / information security. While there's no clear cut regulations governing what to report, this webinar will discuss best practices in this area and how to keep it meaningful.
- Vendor Management - Due Diligence and How to Read a SOC or other external audit (April 12, 2021) This webinar will cover how to read a SOC or SSAE18 audit and what to do when these aren't available. We will also discuss generally how to risk rate vendors and the types of due diligence that should be performed.
Speaking and Presentations
Kaushal Kothari is a former FDIC IT Examination Analyst and Certified Ethical Hacker. With a sound IT regulatory background as well as over 15 years of strong technology experience, Kaushal's presentations and speaking engagements focus on providing organizations with current and relevant information related to cybersecurity/IT risks and trends.
Each engagement is an opportunity to provide organizations with tangible information they can take back to strengthen the security of their organization.
Kaushal has presented at various peer groups throughout the midwest. Please contact us at email@example.com, or (515) 229-5674 for more information.
Sample topics include:
- Social engineering and information security training methods to mitigate risks
- Vendor management. For example, differences between types of audits (SSAE16, SOC II, SOC III; Type 1 and Type 2 reports) and how to read them.
- Hacking demonstrations and associated security explanations and mitigations
- Risk assessment. A focus on ensuring a meaningful process.
- Top cybersecurity risks to watch for in 2016
Information Security Training
We specialize in providing organizations with high quality external 3rd party training for personnel focused on social engineering risks - phone, phishing, in-person risks.
Our goal with training is simple - to educate and give attendees tangible skills they can use to protect themselves and their organizations.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (515) 229-5674 for more information.
Our approach to everything is to focus on action items and meaningful actions organizations can take to protect themselves. As a result, we provide free templates that bank's can use in their own information security programs if needed.
Please check back regularly - as needs arise, we will continue to add to this list. If there's something you are looking for that you don't see below, please let us know. We will try to provide whatever we can to assist your bank or organization in meeting it's IT needs. Please contact us at email@example.com, or (515) 229-5674 for more information.
- Webinar on Ransomware and Ransomware Self Assessment Tool (R-SAT)
- R-SAT Sample Board Report
- Ransomware Self Assessment Tool (R-SAT) - SGC Marked Up Version
- R-SAT Sample Board Report
- Vendor Management Enhanced Due Diligence - Questionnaire
- Cybersecurity Self Assessment Tool
- CATO Risk Assessment
- CATO Board Report
- CATO Incident Response Wording
- CATO Onsite Visit Questions
- CATO Agreement Sample Wording
- Vendor Management Risk Assessment and Due Diligence Tracking
- Incident Response Testing
- Disaster Recovery Plan Walkthrough
- Disaster Recovery Roundtable Test
- Quick Tips Phishing Training for Customers
- FDIC Consumer News --- NOTE: This is a link that takes the user away from the Secure Guard Consulting website. ---
- Instructions to Clear your web browser's cache, cookies, and history --- NOTE: This is a link that takes the user away from the Secure Guard Consulting website. ---
- Reserve a .om domain --- NOTE: This is a link that takes the user away from the Secure Guard Consulting website. --- Also, we do not profit in any way from use of this domain service or link. ---
In keeping with our approach to transparency, we periodically record videos that we feel assist banks with information security training.
Please check back regularly - as needs arise, we will continue to add to this list. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (515) 229-5674 for more information.